Yesterday was a complete whirlwind. Early in the morning, after I had just gotten to work, my boss approached me about other places I could apply, since after two weeks I still had heard nothing from Samuel's. At that point, it hadn't really hit me that I probably wasn't going to get that job, but it seemed to be clear to other people. I was embarrassed and confused. I had already applied at two other places, and they hadn't even arranged an interview. I didn't know what to do. I decided if I didn't hear anything about the job that day, I would call them myself.
Not even two hours later, I got a call from Samuel's. They want to see me in person. So I arranged to go down on my lunch break, assuming it was good news. I told my boss where I was going, and he seemed excited for me. When I walked in, the manager was standing there with a stack of paperwork, asking one question after another, the stream of questions ending with "when can you start?" "When do you need me to start?" I asked. "Thursday." So I filled out a hundred pieces of paper, met the other girls, took a tour around the shop, and headed back to the office to break the news that I would only be working there for two more days.
I am a very sentimental person by nature. Before my freshman year of college, I walked around for days thinking "this is my last time to wake up and eat breakfast in my mom and dad's house," "this is my last time to have a sleepover at my mom and dad's house," and so on. It gets ridiculous.
This is no different. The funny thing is, I did not think I was attached to this job. It certainly isn't something I want to do forever. The people are so nice to me, but we don't really talk during the day. Everyone just kind of minds their own business, and I sit on my computer pretending to be busy. Still, today when I walked in and said hi to everyone I couldn't help thinking "this is my last time to say good morning to my coworkers." and now it's getting ridiculous. A few minutes ago I thought, "this is my last cancellation notice to send to a client."
I am very excited to start my new job, and I am not really sad that I won't be working here anymore. I think I'm just nervous. This place is easy, and it's safe. The pay is steady, the schedule is predictable, and the people are understanding. I don't know what to expect with the new job. The pay is much better, and I'll be making more hours, so that's what I'm trying to focus on right now. I will be nervous tomorrow, but I hope I will enjoy it. Change is always hard for me, but I think this change will be good.
No comments:
Post a Comment