August 5, 2011

Pet Peeves

In case anyone ever gets mad at me, and wants to upset me, I'm about to give you a list of things you might want to try. This list brought on by my favorite (not so much) customer who just walked in and committed pet peeve#1, but I have seen all three multiple times this week.

Pet Peeve #1: Calling random people pet names. If I don't know you, I'm not your "sweetie," or in this customer's case, "hun." Pet names are especially annoying in professional situations i.e. paying an insurance bill.  It's degrading and uncomfortable. If you are a teacher of small children or an old southern woman, you have immunity to this rule.

Pet Peeve #2: Sharing much too personal information on facebook, especially your facebook status. I have one facebook friend in particular who does this all the time. I haven't seen her since high school, and yet I know every detail of her love life. Statuses are not for discussing relationship woes or financial hardships, and they are certainly not for name calling.

Pet Peeve #3: Mothers who yell at or spank their children in public. I don't know why people are so mean to their kids. Most of the time when I see this one, the kids don't even get a warning. Moms just automatically yell at them, call names, and make threats. It's one thing if you've already warned them and they refuse to stop, but please go to the bathroom or your car or something. When you stop writing your check to spank the kid right in front of me, it just makes things awkward. And I can only imagine what the kid is feeling. Poor little guy...


Whew. I feel better. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I promise by the next post, I will have regained my positive outlook on life. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment