June 21, 2011

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Lots of my friends have started blogging recently, and I really enjoy reading them. I have fond memories of xanga in high school (and some not so fond), so I thought it would be fun to start blogging again, with a slightly more positive and less selfish outlook on life.

Basically, I live a pretty boring life, but I do stay busy. I have learned that I am the kind of person who can't stand to sit still, so I pretty much fill my life with as much activity as I possibly can. Until recently I have been planning a wedding, and that took up every moment of time I had. But now, I find myself with actual FREE time. So, of course, I volunteered to help with Vacation Bible School at church. So I have the privilege of spending evenings this week with 16 children, ages 18 months to 4 years (yes, all at the same time), along with several mothers who can't stand to let their children cry for 2 minutes, so they tag along. I am enjoying it, but it's complete chaos. Yesterday a little girl decided to eat acrylic paint, staining her tongue and teeth a lovely shade of turquoise, I mixed up siblings that were 2 years apart and did not realize til the end of the day, and I wiped at least half of a can of shaving cream from a 3 year old's hair, clothes, and face. So that's life this week.

The wonderful thing about taking on too many commitments is that life is constantly changing. So, even though this little project is over on Thursday, I'm sure by then I will have volunteered myself for something else, taken on a new hobby, or both.

Soon to come: a blog about Clara, my baby yellow lab. She came home from the breeder today, and is currently spending the day with Jarrod while I am working...er...at the office (very little work actually gets done here. Let's just say if online poker was real, I'd be a very rich girl.)The next blog will have pictures, and maybe by then I will have figured out more about setting my blog completely up. This was just a quick introductory blog because I'm pretty excited about it.

Until then, stay classy, San Diego. (I'll work on that sign off too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment